$399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz. - Page 3

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Yep, the usual price of consumer technology over time.
Might be;
1) end of Life for the model,
2) approaching end of line,
3) having a cash shortage,
4) decided there needs to be more out there to boost demand (marketing
tactic),
5) ???

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

There is also the possibility that they have a successor in the pipeline
and they want to move as much of the old stuff before word gets around.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Whatever the reason, it's still a bargain ;-)

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

And why do Asus only fit 1 Gb memory with an easy to open hatch for
upgrades?

Micro$oft won't supply XP home to manufacturers who peddle 2 Gb netbook
machines.

:-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

why

Boards:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/sparkfun-electronics.html

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Mr Google finds many mentions, and explanations:
http://apcmag.com/microsoft_hobbles_xp_mininotes_with_1gb_ram_limit.htm

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Mine has been "shipped".
Not sure what that means, but they have given us a tracking number.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Hey, so has mine!
Might just get it by next Friday then...

Dave.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

my two haven't yet, so much for first in, first out :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Me too post :-)

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

:-(
First in, last out?

Me no post still.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Seems a little unjust given that your post here sold a number of them!

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

My shipping notice came in this afternoon.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

:
:Don McKenzie wrote:
:> Clocky wrote:
:>> David L. Jones wrote:
:>>> L.A.T. wrote:
:>>>> Mine has been "shipped".
:>>>> Not sure what that means, but they have given us a tracking number.
:>>> Hey, so has mine!
:>>> Might just get it by next Friday then...
:>>>
:>>
:>> Me too post :-)
:>
:> :-(
:> First in, last out?
:>
:> Me no post still.
:>
:> Don...
:>
:>
:My shipping notice came in this afternoon.

Bon voyage :)

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Merci :)

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

You dont qualify for any mercy, stupid.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Sacre bleu! Il est l'idiot de l'ouest. Bon chance mon petit cochon.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

The tension is almost unbearable.
At 6:30 this morning mine was at a post office not 20 kilometres away.
But not my local post office.

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Bingo!
It's amazing. Why didn't I get two?

Re: $399 XP Asus 1000HE Netbook in oz.

Damn, pipped at the post!
Just got mine. Quite amazing delivery for the number of units they had to
ship. And here I was was thinking I wouldn't get it by this Friday!
Brand new in the sealed box. No extra packaging though, just the original
ASUS box thrown in a courier satchel. Mine arrived in first class condition
though.
Have to fire it up now...

Thanks Don!

Dave.