Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bit OT: Off Peak Hot Water
We've had a couple of problems with our off-peak hot water recently, and last night, at 2:45 am (don't ask!), I noticed that the switch was still off. So I called Ausgrid's emergency number, and they...
35
35

Google swings the axe at Motorola
Google swings the axe at Motorola 1 hour ago Internet giant Google says it plans to lay off about 4000 employees at Motorola, the mobile phone maker it purchased in May, in order to return the company...
9
9

Some very old, expensive, and interesting computer items on ebay.
Apple 1 original $75K C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE $800K
37
37

EVER411 15V battery from WES
I have been restoring an old APO Multimeter No.3 by giving it a good going over inside and out. It's a nice looking analogue MM which is built like a brick outhouse and it has been well looked after...
14
14

Futurlec - shipping time?
Interested in discovering the sort of shipping time anyone here may have experienced recently. We ordered some small parts via the 'net and confirmed the requirement on Thursday 12 July. Alan said...
5
5

Re: Heads up - Curiosity to land on Mars in 27 minutes.
groovy robot. might get a 6 wheeler for the property, though I don't think the suspension goes 2 meters high! * Thinking of putting one of my 50KG 12V Gell Cells into this Robot frame! Herc
1
1

How to F@ with Apple Corps. Pty Ltd.
Get rid of one big corporate spyware that i-device users willingly install on their computers. Itunes, tracks your every move, safari browsing history, the songs you listen to , the TV shows you...

India: Electricity theft & inferior equipment?
Are these admissions of electricity theft in India? --------------------------------------------------- Transmission losses are huge: some result from ageing infrastructure, but many are due to...
2
2

CRO probe
Anyone tried to make a x10 CRO probe? I've got an old Silicon Chip article (1989?) which gives some basic info, but the biggest problems involve the physical construction. My first attempt worked fine...
2
2

RCD protection of small VSDs
We have some small (around 1KW) 3-phase VSDs with residual current devices on the inputs, and the RCDs are tripping intermittently. We don't believe there really is earth leakage, the equipment is new...
1
1

Indian power loss, leakage?
Indian power loss, leakage? How could India have power problems? Check out the perfect wiring: Don...
46
46

security lights
I have a few of those cheap twin par 38msecurity lights around the place. The sensors don't seem to last that long and I have just been buying complete replacement units as it is the same price as a...
1
1

Re: David the Autistic POS from Hell
"Peter" ** You have no idea of anything at all. DROP DEAD !

Protel AutoTrax - how can you ...?
I have been using AutoTrax and Protel Schematic (for DOS) for yonks, but occasionally they get the better of me. The normal schematic->netlist-> autotrax/nrb sequence gets derailed when I need a...
1
1

Numerical Optimizer for LTSpice IV
Hi, I have written a numerical optimizer for LTSpice IV. It automatically adjusts component values to meet circuit performance targets you set. For example maximum power output and minimum supply...