Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tazered in the dangly-doos.

Selling gear with non-standard plugs
What are the formal requirements on local suppliers of imported electrical devices, in terms of providing something that can be plugged into a standard GPO? Must the gear be fitted with a native...
7
7

Sine-ish wave?
I don't know much about permanent magnet alternators, but am surprised at the very un- "sine" like shape of the output waveform, on a single phase motorbike type I'm working on. It's very "peaky",...
6
6

just sitting back enjoying a hot cuppa
12 Volt style of course! This Kettle wont work with most car lighter sockets but it boiled up pretty quick on a $3000 12V battery stack! About 200KG of Gell Cells will do it! Herc
1
1

Re: Just bought.....
ail, or ideos of d... Yep that was the connection that came with the 1000W Inverter. That's why I drew the schematic to show ZERO SURFACE AREA of metal to metal contact. This is the after pic, I only...
12
12

high-capacity AAA NiMH batteries - who sells them?
I was seeking some AAA batteries for a cordless phone, to extend the talk time. The existing batteries are 970 mAh, so I was hoping to get some 1300 mAh. Local shops don't seem to stock anything over...
11
11

how to use phone that only takes incoming calls
I am staying somewhere where there is a phone that only takes incoming calls. Even if I try a 1800 number it immediately says "number not available from this service" or words to that effect. How can...

Silicon Chip Interview at Electronex
Some might be interested in a quick interview video I did with Nicholas Vinen and Leo Simpson from SC at the Elctronex show: Dave.
3
3

Thompson USB recording STB and Telefunken 500G PVR - Mini-Review
Hi All, I have a friend who I still take VHS video tapes with me when I visit. It seemed to me I'd be better off taking a USB thumb drive with video on it, rather than VHS tapes. I can buy 64G USB...
9
9

555 Designer Hans Camenzind passed away
Hans Camenzind, father of the NE555, dies at the age of 78 Last month one of the unsung heroes of electronics has passed away. Hans Camenzind, father of one of the most famous integrated circuit of...
1
1

transformer bobbin supplier?
I'm looking for some bobbins as for E-I type transformers (rectangular core), in a specific size. Anybody know where I can get these in small quantities?
9
9

Cheap Voltage Tester
I bought a screwdriver-type tester for a buck, it has a tiny LCD display and two finger contacts, labelled 'Direct Test' and 'Inductance Break-point Test'. The 'Direct Test' works as you would expect...
4
4

OT: Master Instruments Multimeter specification and schematic
Many here will know the name Master Instruments Pty. Ltd. Back in the era of analogue measuring instruments they made very good meter movements and even produced a general purpose field multimeter for...
3
3

Off Peak Control Tones
** Hi, following recent debate here and since midday Sunday, I set up a simple rig to monitor the incoming AC supply for "ripple" tones superimposed by the local energy supplier. The rig consists of a...
3
3

Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82
Sad News. Last Updated 3:32 p.m. ET (CBS News) Neil Armstrong, the Apollo 11 astronaut who became the first human being to set foot on another world, has died. He was 82. In a statement his family...
4
4