Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

telstra
Their Jane Holmes talking machine has become rather good and intuitive. It's getting to be *almost* like talking to a person.

Re: On the Dole Again..... Can't wait to get back on the Dole again...
I imagine so.....
2
2

Re: On the Dole Again..... Can't wait to get back on the Dole again...
Being a loony who makes mass death threats helps also.....

Lamp anomaly
Hi, I tested a 75W Osram clear lamp & a 70W No Frills halogen (claims 100W equivalent) - the Osram measured 54ohms and the halogen 56ohms. On 240V, the Osram drew 325mA and the halogen 302mA. The...
5
5

Interesting product
Saw this advert - shower head with LEDs to illuminate the water stream, coulour indicates temperature. Supposedly without batteries or external power. "No batteries and external power supply needed....
27
27

Australian Company
I got an email today from Becman Manufacturing (PC Boards) informing that they will be closed from 4th to 18th February to celebrate Chinese New Year. Over the past umpteen months I has received...
4
4

usenet
Have included aus cars as some seem to know about telstra. Anyone using bigpond usenet and is it still working? I have just spent the last few hours trying to find someone in bigpong to talk to about...
40
40

Dick Smith TV ads
Hi, so Dick has made another cringe worthy TV ad: Like this one from 1982: ... Phil
11
11

Airfreight battery/capacitor restrictions.
It seems we are being asked about whether our shipments contravene IATA regs, specifically that electric double layer capacitors have capacity less than 0.3wh. Maybe a renewed worry since the 787...
2
2

Semi OT: Low fuel switch in toyota
Yeah, its half OT, but it's quiet here so I'll give it a go.... Does anyone know what Toyota typically use to switch the low fuel warning lamp? Is it just a contact on the fuel float level sensor? The...
9
9

Wanted: wireless mic on 805.750MHz
Someone has decided they wanted the wireless microphone (transmitter) more than we did at the Narrabeen Surf Lifesaving Club so now we are stuck with a single channel receiver but no mic - and the...
1
1

Audio Magazine Collection requires home Perth
Audio Amateur - Issues 1/1989 thru 6/1999 49 issues From 2/1996 known as Audio Amateur and Electronics Speaker Builder - Issues 1/1988 thru 8/2000 92 issues Audio Xpress - Issues Jan 2001 thru Dec...

Elektor Magazine collection requires good home - Perth
Elektor Magazine Collection: I have the following original issues going as a single lot (total 191 magazines); Oct 1976 through to Dec 1985. Unfortunately, two issues - Nov 1976 and June 1984 are...
3
3

Merry Christmas
The world didn't end, and now you have to pay for those credit cards, so Merry Christmas to all. Don...
3
3

transformer builders in Au
2.2kvac @1 amp 12.5ac @4 amps any recommendations as to who can supply around that size ?