Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cfl's
whoever conned the govt into mandating their use must be laughing all the way to the bank. not only are they an environmental hazed, they are simply not cost effective. they don't last 10 times longer...
164
164

I wire DS18B20 Temperature measurements using TI MSP430 LaunchPad
-- I any body interested in Temperature measurement? My site has free information which may be of interest if you are using the TI MSP430 poulated with the MSP430G2553. It has Educational information...

RF coil dope
Here's a quick one. What do you use to secure the wire of HF inductors, whether wound on cylindrical formers or on iron powder toroids. I have googled the topic and read lots of the hits. Polystyrene...
2
2

Small solder pot experience?
I'm thinking of getting a small solder pot for the occasional short production run job. Tinning of small hookup wire will be its main use. I'm thinking of something like these cheap Chinese units....
4
4

OT/Ping Daryl? Solar panel question...
Just a quick question - if one wanted to add extra solar panels to a shed roof which is about 30 metres away from the main array of panels, how does one connect them up to the existing system? I'm...
6
6

Rotating pendulum clock circuit
We've long had a clock somewhat similar to this I don't know whether that's a real torsion pendulum clock, but ours was a pretend version, with an ordinary electronically driven clock dial, and an...
5
5

Looking for a low profile PCI DVR capture card...
Four channels or greater. Does such a beastie exist? Not having much luck on fleabay so far, TIA for any help where to find them...
2
2

Kogan and Aldi Mobile phone services on a sinking ship?
Kogan and Aldi Mobile phone services on a sinking ship? ISPone in a court battle with Telstra may kill Kogan and Aldi mobile phone services. Read the story at: Don...
36
36

solar PV subsidies
So Colin Barnett is cutting the feed-in tariff. I hate that lying cheat, but it was stupid to offer 40c/kWh in the first place. Last year I saw a house for sale in Applecross (a tycoon's suburb). The...
4
4

Help identifying Motorola diode.
Hi all, I'm trying to identify a Motorola surface mount diode. The code on the didoe is 607 with a datecode of 9318. It's a Motorola from the logo. I've not had success with google trying to find it,...
12
12

Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget
Watch the 20 minute video on that page. On 17th July 2013 I delivered a talk at the CommsDay Wholesale and Data Centre Summit in Sydney about the NBN called ?The Ideal Wholesale NBN Market?. Simon...
69
69

Removing white thermal grease stain from T-Shirt.
Yep, I did it. My favourite T-shirt (a black one) managed to collect a fair bit of white thermal transfer compound (Unick, FWIW). I removed most with metho, but there's still a fair old stain that...
12
12

Parramatta launches Australia?s first 5G Wi-Fi network, with speeds up to 100Mbps
Parramatta launches Australia?s first free 802.11ac Wi-Fi network Users can access 30 minutes a day of free Internet with speeds up to 100Mbps Full Story at: Councillor and ParraConnect committee...
35
35

laptop overheating
I am using a laptop overseas. Because the cord in my original power adaptor broke, I had to purchase a new power adaptor which the overseas shop said was suitable for my laptop. When the laptop is...
17
17

aa battery charger
Hello all, aa battery charger: Find AA battery chargers with different features and functionality and at competitive prices at our store. We have wide collection of different battery chargers. For...
1
1