Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ryobi battery pack
I have a 7.2 volt battery which appeared to have died. By repeated charging and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect anything better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries?
12
12

A bit more on LiFi
"Chi Nan, information technology professor at Shanghai's Fudan University, working with a research team of scientists from Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences...
3
3

Small (<240W) Extra-low-voltage Solar Installations soon to be subject to new rules - action required
Hi all, If you like the idea of being able to install your own 12 Volt solar module to run a ventillation fan in your shed, or keep a battery charged to run a light in your shed, or install any other...
7
7

Forget Wi-Fi, boffins get 150Mbps Li-Fi connection from a lightbulb
Forget Wi-Fi, boffins get 150Mbps Li-Fi connection from a lightbulb Scientists in China are reporting great success in replacing traditional Wi-Fi radio traffic with Li-Fi, a system that uses the...
17
17

Slaughter-Bots
Pilfered from a post in another group; Autonomous jelly fish shredding robots
7
7

UV fluorescent dye / paint source.
Any suggestions where I might easily grab a small volume of UV fluorescent dye or paint? I know I can find it on ebay but I only want a small amount & I'd like to pick it up locally (Perth) in the...
4
4

If your project requires 24 to 65000 digital IOs : #IOTrain
#IOTrain: Lets unlimit IOs on Arduino. And with few changes on Raspberry PI IO train provides modular approach to extend digital IOs available to Arduino. (or with some modifications to Raspberry Pi.)...
2
2

Electricity meter checking, NSW
I recieved a letter yesterday, telling me that Ausgrid wish to perform maintenance on my meter. Smells like a con to me. In almost 40 years as an electricity consumer, I've never heard of a meter...
50
50

Intel and using pins for multiple purposes
I was wondering why I couldn't use the watchdog timer function on one of my computers - the driver says that it's been disabled in hardware. A look at the chipset page reveals that when the system is...
12
12

SD card reliability
How reliable are 128gb SD cards? I am thinking of using one in a SONY vaio ultrabook with 128 Gb ssd drive as extra memory but at $100 or so I would hope it to last.
2
2

Source for old vacuum tubes - 12AX7
Posting on behalf of someone who is trying to source some 12AX7 vacuum tubes for a guitar amplifier. He has a preference for old stock as the recently manufactured valves are apparently noisier or...
12
12

Siglent 'scopes
**Any experience with Siglent 'scopes? I have a Rigol and have suggested that a mate buy one. He has spotted the Siglent and feels they're more suitable for his needs.

PKE Spare Parts
Hi All, I recently acquired a PKE CSC-1 console from auction which came from the ABC. Sadly the panel is missing a headphones and monitor modules. I have been in touch with the ABC to see if they have...
3
3

LED lamp vids
**Hi, these U-tubes are worth a look. Each "reviewer" gives their impressions and many details about recently available (in the USA) Philips LED bulbs that are a good approximations to CFLs. The 28+...
2
2

OT - your own 1900 number
This bloke was pissed off with unsolicited marketing phone calls - so he did something about it! This company can set up 1900 numbers: Can anyone set up a 1900 number?
1
1