28 years of EA to good home

Hi all again, I received the following e-mail the other day. No-one I've asked has the space to store this collection. If anyone here's interested in giving all these mags a good home, please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@trashmail.net and I'll put you in contact with James.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bob, Like you, (I Guess) I was a long time reader of Electronics Australia and its predecessor, RTV&H. I have a virtually complete collection of RTV&H & EA from about 1971 to

1999 which is "surplus to requirements". If you would like it for your library, you are most welcome - I'll even deliver to Sydney. If not, I guess they'll become pulp after I salvage some tear sheets. It seems a shame, as there is so much history in them, not only the development of electronics, but the evolution of technology.

Please let me know if you are interested, or know anyone who may be.

Best regards, James ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

You'd find a buyer on eBay.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

If you would like it for your library, you are most welcome - I'll even

Bad choice indeed. there are other options surely.

In western australia you can donate books to the "save the childrens fund" and they have books sales,

The charity benefits, and the purchasers, (these types of mags race out the door) benefit as well.

Reply to
rodney

if you have not a taker, i'd like to obtain them. be good to have them scanned and avail on cd for everyone.

let me know through voltare2 @ optusnet

Bob Parker wrote:

Reply to
mat

SC will eventually do that, but it's going to be quite some time. A lot of people waiting for that one.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Me included!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Thanks Mat, Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SC now own the copyright on all the EA material? Also it'd be a huge job to scan probably >25,000 pages and put them onto a DVD in a structured way. That would explain why the DVD from SC we're all patiently waiting for hasn't materialised yet. They're James' mags not mine, so maybe the best thing would be to see who's interested and where they live, and let James decide who gets them....

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

It heard its been done by an individual, apparently with permission.

Glenn.

Reply to
glenbadd

I remember seeing them for sale at the WIA field day at Wyong in 2006. Around $45 AFAICR.

--
Regards,

Chas.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chas

"Chas" wrote

I remember seeing them for sale at the WIA field day at Wyong in 2006. Around $45 AFAICR.

--
Regards,

Chas.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Brian g

(R,TV & H after a name change) collection available at

the

This John Wright have a contact address? I'd like to enquire what scanner he used. Rodney.

Reply to
rodney

A friend of mine has a high-speed commercial document scanner with sheet feeder. If all you want is an opinion on it, I could ask him.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Thanks Clifford, that would be very much appreciated.

I am trying to balance the cost of a machine (a small mortgage) to the out put. One has to be better than a page at a time :(

I regularly attend govt auctions, and hope to pick up something over the coming months. I have no parameters on which to base any ball park requirement. For my magazines and broadsheets, I only need A4 up until formats changed circa 1988.

If your colleague has a recomendation of an older scanner but a goodie, I can place "wanted" ads. Rodney

Reply to
rodney

He replied:

I bought a Fujitsu FJ-5110C - 40-50 pages per minute - scans both sides in one pass. Robust feed mechanism. Shit software - I bought PaperPort 10 instead - much better - I can now scan a bunch of pages and have them output as a single document (e.g. PDF).

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

one pass.

much better -

(e.g. PDF).

That's very helpful, thank you kindly Clifford.

Reply to
rodney

I was looking at the product specs, and noticed the device drivers have been updated as of Oct 2007 Perhaps your colleague would be interested?

Reply to
rodney

And while you're waiting, this may be an acceptable substitute!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Parker