28 years of EA to good home

Hi all again,
    I received the following e-mail the other day. No-one I've asked has
the space to store this collection. If anyone here's interested in
giving all these mags a good home, please e-mail me at
snipped-for-privacy@trashmail.net and I'll put you in contact with James.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bob,
Like you, (I Guess) I was a long time reader of Electronics Australia
and its predecessor, RTV&H.
I have a virtually complete collection of RTV&H & EA from about 1971 to
1999 which is "surplus to requirements".
If you would like it for your library, you are most welcome - I'll even
deliver to Sydney. If not, I guess they'll become pulp after I salvage
some tear sheets.
It seems a shame, as there is so much history in them, not only the
development of electronics, but the evolution of technology.

Please let me know if you are interested, or know anyone who may be.

Best regards,
James
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

If you would like it for your library, you are most welcome - I'll even

Bad choice indeed.
there are other options surely.

In western australia you can donate books to the
"save the childrens fund" and they have books sales,

The charity benefits, and the purchasers,
(these types of mags race out the door)
benefit as well.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

You'd find a buyer on eBay.

Dave.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

if you have not a taker, i'd like to obtain them. be good to have them
scanned and avail on cd for everyone.

let me know through voltare2 @ optusnet

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

SC will eventually do that, but it's going to be quite some time.
A lot of people waiting for that one.

Dave.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

    Me included!

Bob

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

And while you're waiting, this may be an acceptable substitute!

http://blog.modernmechanix.com /

Peter

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

Thanks Mat,
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SC now own the
copyright on all the EA material?
    Also it'd be a huge job to scan probably >25,000 pages and put them
onto a DVD in a structured way. That would explain why the DVD from SC
we're all patiently waiting for hasn't materialised yet.
    They're James' mags not mine, so maybe the best thing would be to
see who's interested and where they live, and let James decide who gets
them....

Bob

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

It heard its been done by an individual, apparently with permission.

Glenn.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

I remember seeing them for sale at the WIA field day at Wyong in 2006.
Around $45 AFAICR.

Chas.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

I remember seeing them for sale at the WIA field day at Wyong in 2006.
Around $45 AFAICR.

Chas.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

 (R,TV & H after a name change) collection available at
the

This John Wright have a contact address?
I'd like to enquire what scanner he used.
Rodney.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

A friend of mine has a high-speed commercial document scanner
with sheet feeder. If all you want is an opinion on it, I could
ask him.

Clifford Heath.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

Thanks Clifford,
that would be very much appreciated.

I am trying to balance the cost of a machine (a small mortgage)
to the out put.
One has to be better than a page at a time :(

I regularly attend govt auctions, and hope to pick up
something over the coming months.
I have no parameters on which to base any
ball park requirement.
For my magazines and broadsheets, I only
need A4 up until formats changed circa 1988.

If your colleague has a recomendation of an older
scanner but a goodie, I can place "wanted" ads.
Rodney

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

He replied:

I bought a Fujitsu FJ-5110C - 40-50 pages per minute - scans both sides in one
pass.
Robust feed mechanism. Shit software - I bought PaperPort 10 instead - much
better -
I can now scan a bunch of pages and have them output as a single document (e.g.
PDF).

Clifford Heath.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

one pass.
much better -
(e.g. PDF).

That's very helpful,
thank you kindly Clifford.

Re: 28 years of EA to good home

I was looking at the product specs,
and noticed the device drivers have been  updated as of Oct 2007
Perhaps your colleague would be interested?

Site Timeline