Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

This is amazing- build your own raspberry-pi tablet!
Make this impressive Raspberry Pi all-in-one PiPad which is usable, portable, and Linux based. http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/fan-built-raspberry-pi-tablet-the-pipad-has-plywood-case-50013238/

Re: Get best Testing And Tagging in Melbourne
In actuality... All work carried out by N G Safety is hurried, improvised and dubious at best. They are unreliable, lack even the most basic of electrical and testing knowledge, and about as...
1
1

Solar Power Inverters
I am planning to install a solar power system and, so far, have quotes for systems with "Samil" and "Growatt" inverters. Has anyone here had any experiences (good or bad) with these units? Dave...

Singing Tesla Coils - Inspector Gadget
1
1

Wind Power remains controversial
The above quoted article has been criticised for the author's selection of data sources which distort the conclusions, but the basic point is that wind farms today MUST always be a supplement to the...

how to convert voltage level of PPM signal.. see CRO pic
Hello, I wish to convert the following ppm signal (+.3V to -1.2V at about 500hz) to 0V to 5V levels. How can I do this. Thanks.
4
4

Melting cooper wire with a soldering iron.
Actually, of course, it's totally impossible. So I wonder what's really happening. I've been modifying a quartz clock, and needed to solder the very thin enameled copper wire that its motor uses....
16
16

Is 260-262V mains voltage safe for modern electronics?
Just as per subject heading... Trying to ascertain whether a friend's mains voltage is the reason they have lost a few electrical items lately - mainly amplifiers and computer PSUs. Their mains...
7
7

WTB 6M11 valves
It might seem kinda weird, but I'd to get hold of 2 or 3 6M11 Compactron valves for a 1-valve radio project. 6M11's were used toward the end of the valve TV era. Would prefer to source in Oz. Curtis
1
1

charge before use
Many electronic products (such as phones) will say to charge the device for 12 or so hours before using it. Why is this necessary, and what will happen to the batteries if you don't do this?
1
1

Battery charger for alkaline batteries - worth it?
Just thought I'd post here and seek some opinions on this charger: I have charged alkaline batteries in my current charger a number of times over the years - there are inherent risks in doing so, of...
2
2

AirCard 312U MEP unlock code
I've been given an unwanted AirCard 312U, but it seems to be locked to the Telstra network. I downloaded generic firmware from site & applied but lock is still on. Does anyone know a way to obtain the...
2
2

NBN
I just got a letter redirected from my old place in Strathfield(where there is already perfectly acceptable adsl X2+)that it is now ready to connect to NBN,here,(Couridjah) where it is needed I have...
13
13

Matching NiMh batteries
I was given, with a bit of prompting (!), a clever NiMh battery charger If you want hours, even days, of entertainment from a battery charger this is for you. On the other hand, the user interface is...

Braun electric toothbrush charging
The Braun Triumph 3738 toothbrush and 3731 charger use an inductive coupling arrangement to charge the toothbrush battery. Right now SWMBO's unit isn't charging and I'm tasked with fixing it. Does...
17
17