200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

I need a pair of 200mfd Electrolytic power supply caps for a restoration of
an old tube amp.

says:  200MFD  180W V on them

Anyone know where i can get them?

Re: 200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

of

Doubtful the capacitance is that critical.  My switching power supply has a
pair
of 470mfd at 200 volts.

Re: 200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

"h e a d c a v e r"

**  Farnell In One:

http://au.farnell.com/jsp/search2/browse.jsp?N50%0001+401&Ntk=gensearch_001&Ntt53%6-222&Ntx=&_requestid50%884

 25mm dia  by  45mm  high.

........  Phil

Re: 200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

Thanks!

http://au.farnell.com/jsp/search2/browse.jsp?N50%0001+401&Ntk=gensearch_001&Ntt53%6-222&Ntx=&_requestid50%884

Re: 200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

"h e a d c a v e r"

 **  Goldentone  ?

       Maton  ?

........  Phil

Re: 200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

Nup. I have a single tube  (ax7 & el34) champ type goldentone that sounds
horrible. Makes any guitar sound out of tune somehow... (apparantly, there
are scientific theories on this phenomena..  maybe the filter caps are bad
producing weird freaky harmonics)
One day I'll restore & improve it, but for now i'm staying away from single
tube amps...

This amp i'm currently tweaking is an encel push-pull ax7 & el84 tube hifi
amp. It was nasty for a stereo amp... Really cheap caps all the way
through... One day i'm cleaning the shed thinking of hurling the damn thing
over the fence and i decided to give it a go as a guitar amp. PRESTO! Sounds
like a JCM800..
I have matched it to an 80's  gauss speaker. It's my favorite amp right now,
and it cost $25!
I want to replace the power caps to hopefully remove the slight blunt
"piano" effect at low volumes.

Speaking of australian tube amps, i have a "fisonic" fender-twin clone..
Wierd tone stack on this one - the treble pot also serves as a gain stage..
so you get treble and distorion together! Australian amps were often knocked
together in suburban backyards using cheap components. Even worse, they
always tend to be in need of transformer replacement, at least the ones i've
aquired have...

Anyway.. I'm trying to build a jcm800. Anyone know where i can get a
pre-punched chassis locally??

Re: 200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:15:37 +1000, "h e a d c a v e r"

WES Components have 220uF 200V 105degC caps for $4.50 (trade), code
220HSW200. Dimensions 22x25.

See http://www.wescomponents.com/datasheets/TKr.pdf

Ph (02) 9797-9866

- Franc Zabkar

Re: 200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

"Franc Zabkar"

** Radial leaded   -   not "can type".

Site Timeline