200 MFD POWER SUPPLY/CAN-TYPE CAPACITORS

I need a pair of 200mfd Electrolytic power supply caps for a restoration of an old tube amp.

says: 200MFD 180W V on them

Anyone know where i can get them?

Reply to
h e a d c a v e r

of

Doubtful the capacitance is that critical. My switching power supply has a pair of 470mfd at 200 volts.

Reply to
Lord Garth

"h e a d c a v e r"

** Farnell In One:

25mm dia by 45mm high.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks!

h e a d c a v e r

"h e a d c a v e r"

** Goldentone ?

Maton ?

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:15:37 +1000, "h e a d c a v e r" put finger to keyboard and composed:

WES Components have 220uF 200V 105degC caps for $4.50 (trade), code

220HSW200. Dimensions 22x25.

See

Ph (02) 9797-9866

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"Franc Zabkar"

** Radial leaded - not "can type".

Reply to
Phil Allison

Nup. I have a single tube (ax7 & el34) champ type goldentone that sounds horrible. Makes any guitar sound out of tune somehow... (apparantly, there are scientific theories on this phenomena.. maybe the filter caps are bad producing weird freaky harmonics) One day I'll restore & improve it, but for now i'm staying away from single tube amps...

This amp i'm currently tweaking is an encel push-pull ax7 & el84 tube hifi amp. It was nasty for a stereo amp... Really cheap caps all the way through... One day i'm cleaning the shed thinking of hurling the damn thing over the fence and i decided to give it a go as a guitar amp. PRESTO! Sounds like a JCM800.. I have matched it to an 80's gauss speaker. It's my favorite amp right now, and it cost $25! I want to replace the power caps to hopefully remove the slight blunt "piano" effect at low volumes.

Speaking of australian tube amps, i have a "fisonic" fender-twin clone.. Wierd tone stack on this one - the treble pot also serves as a gain stage.. so you get treble and distorion together! Australian amps were often knocked together in suburban backyards using cheap components. Even worse, they always tend to be in need of transformer replacement, at least the ones i've aquired have...

Anyway.. I'm trying to build a jcm800. Anyone know where i can get a pre-punched chassis locally??

Reply to
h e a d c a v e r (Paul Conr