Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Jaycar.
It has been reported that JB Hi, Super Retail Group, and Wesfarmers are looking to buy Jaycar valued at ~$500M.
15
15

Totally OT: Water tank weirdness
The problem started with the appearance of dust and grit falling into the bath. It was not at all obvious where it was coming from. With showers being preferred, the bath is little used, so this...
10
10

Ping: Bob Parker
Bob, I hope you still pop in from time to time. I was just exchanging emails with Phil Allison and I note that you once owned a BWD 521 CRO. I am hoping you may still have the operator's manual lying...
8
8

Which is the better state for rechargable Batteries!!
When I moved house about five years ago, I stupidly left my motor mower in the shed!! Stupid Me! So, over the last five years, I've been getting a 'Jim's Gardening' guy in to mow and clean up the...
14
14

The tribulations of the design engineer
Subscribe for more short comedy sketches & films: http://bit.ly/laurisb Funny business meeting illustrating how hard it is for an engineer to fit into the corporate world! Watch the next episodes:...
3
3

Element14 Australia Post tracking numbers.
Element14 seem to be having difficulty with these tracking numbers, and are leaving off the final digit. Until they get it fixed, one can quickly go through the possibilities to find the correct final...
1
1

rooftop solar unbalancing the grid
I use a contact voltage tester and it went off on a utility box. Just the l owest light on the indicator bar, which isn't serious. There was an electri city line crew at the house next door, so I...

Element14 doesn't like my review
All I was doing was pointing out that connecting an appliance that needs an earth via an adapter that (unaccountably) fails to provide one is dangerous. Sylvia.
8
8

name of component suppliers
what is the name of the on line that a few of you use for small order parts supplier other than RS , WES element 14 etc I am looking for a zenner BZT03c30 so far have tried them all except element 14...
2
2

Headers in anti-static boxes.
Why do Element14 keep sending me board headers in anti-static boxes? Seems like a waste of money. Sylvia.
2
2

Need samba back Win7 to Debian(-1)
Okay, I've only just found time to attempt to fix the problem of linux samaba server now being inaccessible to Win7. Looking for useful clubie as none of the samba running linux machines are now...

Chinese Semi Group Folds
Hi, the party is over, not the CCP itself but China is experiencing a major economic downturn. Wonder how they will react to us building nuclear subs? Ban their students from enrolling with Aussie...
3
3

Gary Johnson to get Statue?
Hi, as you may know, Australia has just made an historic deal with the UK and USA to obtain nuclear submarine tech and to build several of them. The previous French scammers have been pissed off. This...
4
4

What lockdown delays?
Ordered PCBs from PcbWay on Tuesday. Delivered to my door today (yes, Sunday) by DHL. On other hand, I'm still waiting for FedEx to deliver a package that's been in Sydney since a week ago Thursday...
8
8

No Battery Electric Bus
Hi, while not a fan of most " Green " energy ideas - this one really appeals. Done with good success decades ago, it is practical, cheap to install and run with no waste products. Busses could travel...
4
4