1N4148 - crikey!

I'm used to buying` these in 100's for about $3 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650

Have they suddenly become unobtainium, or is this a wild-arse try-on?

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!

Initially figured this was for 100, checked the listing, but no, for
ONE.

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!

:
:>I'm used to buying` these in 100's for about $3 ...
:>
:>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650
:>
:>Have they suddenly become unobtainium, or is this a wild-arse try-on?
:
:Initially figured this was for 100, checked the listing, but no, for
:ONE.

Not necessarily... the second picture shows 4 diodes so perhaps it is $1.10 for
4 diodes. The only way to find out is to send the seller a message and ask.
Nevertheless, even at $1.10/4 it would still be expensive.

I have 6,700 listed for sale at $0.03 each here http://ozcomponents.com /

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!
On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:28:02 +0800, Ross Herbert

and that's excluding postage.

exactly.

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!

. . .

The last ones I bought were just over 2 cents each.

That was a little while ago though. Well, it was more like 35 years
ago, so I guess 2 cents was worth a lot more then!

Long story, I got several hundred too many and ended up with what
turned out to be a lifetime supply.
Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650

Is that expensive found this on another group.

http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id15%63&customer_id=PAA0846101110349PBXXLZRQHPSLMJPM

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id15%63&customer_id=PAA0846101110349PBXXLZRQHPSLMJPM
Yes, but that is HiFi where the normal rules of reality don't apply

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id15%63&customer_id=PAA0846101110349PBXXLZRQHPSLMJPM

Do people really buy these things? I wondered whether the image is a
computer construct, and the reason the cable is "out of stock" is that
they don't actually make one until someone is foolish enough to order one.

Sylvia.

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id15%63&customer_id=PAA0846101110349PBXXLZRQHPSLMJPM

Of course it is real, I just threw out a pommy HiFi magazine with an
article comparing mains leads with prices up to 500 pounds and declaring
them  good value.

But they're nothing really, try the $485 wooden volume knob.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070830091736/http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NOB_C37_C

While you're at try googling C37 lacquer. I had a friend who was the
Australian service manager for a well known brand of music electronics.
He reckoned that mussos were the most superstitious group of people
around, but I'd reckon that the golden ears brigade out do them every time.

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id15%63&customer_id=PAA0846101110349PBXXLZRQHPSLMJPM
http://web.archive.org/web/20070830091736/http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NOB_C37_C

I'm sure Bunnings sells something very similar for $1.50 a pop.

It's been commented before around here that the temptation to pander to
people with far more money than sense is somewhat tempered by the need
to be able to look oneself in the mirror.

If only I could find a doublethink way around that...

Sylvia.

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id15%63&customer_id=PAA0846101110349PBXXLZRQHPSLMJPM
http://web.archive.org/web/20070830091736/http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NOB_C37_C

That is why the obscenely successful don't have mirrors.

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-PHILIPS-SEMICONDUCTOR-NEW-DIODE-IN4148-PHILIPS_W0QQitemZ260674673650

**WES have them for $0.08 each in one off quantities.
Farnell have them as little as $0.022 each in 100 off quantities.

Seems reasonable to me. I've paid less when I find them on special.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: 1N4148 - crikey!

Try on -- Hmm, maybe I should start selling components at a fraction of
that markup?  :o)

Still $2/100 (2c ea) where I buy from.  Free postage too :)

Grant.

Site Timeline