1N4148 - crikey!

I'm used to buying` these in 100's for about $3 ...

Have they suddenly become unobtainium, or is this a wild-arse try-on?

Reply to
who where

Initially figured this was for 100, checked the listing, but no, for ONE.

Reply to
who where

:On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:17:34 +0800, who where wrote: : :>I'm used to buying` these in 100's for about $3 ... :>

:>

:>

:>Have they suddenly become unobtainium, or is this a wild-arse try-on? : :Initially figured this was for 100, checked the listing, but no, for :ONE.

Not necessarily... the second picture shows 4 diodes so perhaps it is $1.10 for

4 diodes. The only way to find out is to send the seller a message and ask. Nevertheless, even at $1.10/4 it would still be expensive.

I have 6,700 listed for sale at $0.03 each here

Ross Herbert

and that's excluding postage.

exactly.

Reply to
who where

. . .

The last ones I bought were just over 2 cents each.

That was a little while ago though. Well, it was more like 35 years ago, so I guess 2 cents was worth a lot more then!

Long story, I got several hundred too many and ended up with what turned out to be a lifetime supply. Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

Is that expensive found this on another group.

F Murtz

**WES have them for $0.08 each in one off quantities. Farnell have them as little as $0.022 each in 100 off quantities.

Seems reasonable to me. I've paid less when I find them on special.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Yes, but that is HiFi where the normal rules of reality don't apply

Reply to
keithr

Try on -- Hmm, maybe I should start selling components at a fraction of that markup? :o)

Still $2/100 (2c ea) where I buy from. Free postage too :)

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Do people really buy these things? I wondered whether the image is a computer construct, and the reason the cable is "out of stock" is that they don't actually make one until someone is foolish enough to order one.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Of course it is real, I just threw out a pommy HiFi magazine with an article comparing mains leads with prices up to 500 pounds and declaring them good value.

But they're nothing really, try the $485 wooden volume knob.

While you're at try googling C37 lacquer. I had a friend who was the Australian service manager for a well known brand of music electronics. He reckoned that mussos were the most superstitious group of people around, but I'd reckon that the golden ears brigade out do them every time.

Reply to
keithr

I'm sure Bunnings sells something very similar for $1.50 a pop.

It's been commented before around here that the temptation to pander to people with far more money than sense is somewhat tempered by the need to be able to look oneself in the mirror.

If only I could find a doublethink way around that...

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

That is why the obscenely successful don't have mirrors.

Reply to
keithr