1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

Yesterday, my Sharp/Fronius 1kW system was installed and today I saw the benefit
on the meter. At the end of the day the meter reading was about 2 kWh less than
at the start of the day. The peak power production was around 840W due to the
sun being at rather a low angle at this time of year.

For some reason the installer forgot he hadn't informed the supply authority
that they had to change the meter so until it is changed the old meter simply
runs backwards while the PV is producing power during the day.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running
Who did you use ? What $$$

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

Awesome.
Show us some pics!

How much did it cost you installed after the rebate?

Dave.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

:> Yesterday, my Sharp/Fronius 1kW system was installed and today I saw the
:> benefit
:> on the meter. At the end of the day the meter reading was about 2 kWh less
:> than
:> at the start of the day. The peak power production was around 840W due to
:> the
:> sun being at rather a low angle at this time of year.
:>
:> For some reason the installer forgot he hadn't informed the supply
:> authority
:> that they had to change the meter so until it is changed the old meter
:> simply
:> runs backwards while the PV is producing power during the day.
:
:Awesome.
:Show us some pics!
:
:How much did it cost you installed after the rebate?
:
:Dave.
:

I used Enviro-Friendly Products in ACT as the supplier.
http://www.enviro-friendly.com/default.shtml

They simply arranged for the WA Sharp wholesaler to deliver the goods to the
address and for a verified installer nominated by the wholesaler to inspect the
site and provide a quote for installation to Enviro-Friendly. All up cost after
RECS ($966)and the $8K rebate was $5,334. Witha different supplier and different
components you can get lower pricing but I went for high quality over dubious or
unknown brand quality. I have posted pics and a bill of materials on abse - I'll
bet Nuenergy won't supply anything like these components.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

Thanks
But can you post the photos on the web some how, for those (like me) that
don't have easy acess to ABSE?

Thanks
Dave.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

:> wrote:
:>
:> :> Yesterday, my Sharp/Fronius 1kW system was installed and today I saw
:> the
:> :> benefit
:> :> on the meter. At the end of the day the meter reading was about 2 kWh
:> less
:> :> than
:> :> at the start of the day. The peak power production was around 840W due
:> :> the
:> :> sun being at rather a low angle at this time of year.
:> :>
:> :> For some reason the installer forgot he hadn't informed the supply
:> :> authority
:> :> that they had to change the meter so until it is changed the old meter
:> :> simply
:> :> runs backwards while the PV is producing power during the day.
:> :
:> :Awesome.
:> :Show us some pics!
:> :
[...]

Sorry, I don't make special arrangements for those on gmail accounts. I pay for
my ISP to provide web, email and NG's and I'm a self funded retiree.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

I am with iinet. They don't provide access to any binary NGs.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

The free (actually, one-time $US2.95, which I think serves as a legal check of
adulthood)
Teranews account gets you all the newsgroups with a limit of 50MB/day. It's all
you need.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

Sorry to have upset you David. In fact I read most of your posts and I find them
to be generally well constructed and helpful. I also look at your video blogs
and find  them useful and I applaud you for having a go.

I don't use websites for posting pictures and I don't want to set up my own web
space on my ISP (it costs more and $60/mth is more than enough right now) so I
didn't want to go down that path just so a few people who can't get binary NG's
could see the pics. Probably if you had asked me I would also have emailed them
direct to you.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

David, Thanks for the offer and I will take it up in the future.

One thing which has only just started happening with your posts on this NG is
that as soon as I hit the reply button all of the content in your post just
disappears from the screen and I am left with a blank pane to type in. That is
why none of your post I am responding to now appears in this response.

I don't know why it happens but if I go back to respond to your earlier posts,
say on Tonights New Inventors thread, it doesn't happen. It has only started
happening since I responded to your post in this thread on May 7. Posts you made
before that date in this thread are ok and I see everything in them when I hit
reply.

Can anyone give a reason?

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

No idea. Nothing changed on my end.

Dave.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running
On Fri, 08 May 2009 04:16:30 GMT, Ross Herbert

The post that you are replying to has a dash-dash-space in the third
line. This is the recognised sig delimiter, so anything that comes
after it is stripped.

Either David's newsreader, OE, is having trouble recognising this
convention, or he's adding this line himself.

You can use Ctrl-A to select the entire post and then hit R(eply).
Then delete the offending line.

I suggest that OE users apply "OE Quotefix" to correct other quoting
problems, such as missing quote characters when replying to "quoted
printable" posts.

http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix /

- Franc Zabkar

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

Ah, I always wondered what those two dashes were!
Outlook was putting my new sig up the top of replies, and I wasn't manually
cut'n'pasting the dash-dash.
Installed QuoteFix, now automatically puts the quote at the bottom. Thanks.

Dave.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

:> On Fri, 08 May 2009 04:16:30 GMT, Ross Herbert
:>
:>> On Thu, 7 May 2009 20:57:12 +1000, "David L. Jones"
:>>
[...]

Thanks to Franc's explanation and your admission that your new sig was the cause
I now know I wasn't doing something wrong at my end.

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running
made

Yes. For some reason, he's starting his posts with the string "-- <CR>",
which is used to indicate the start of one's signature. So when someone
replies to his post, their newsreader removes everything after the "--
", thinking it's his sig.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running
On Thu, 07 May 2009 10:38:54 GMT, Ross Herbert

http://my.bigpond.com/whybigpond /

"Every BigPond Member has the option of creating their own website,
with no establishment fee, no monthly charge, up to 10MB of disk space
and up to 100MB of data served per month (11)."

11. "Unused data forfeited each month. Additional fees apply if
allowance is exceeded."

Does that mean that BigPond will bill you for excess data downloaded
from your web site? If so, then it seems to me that a malicious
individual could cause you great financial mischief. Why would any
user want to expose themselves to that risk?

- Franc Zabkar

Re: 1kW Grid Interactive Solar PV up and running

Exactly the reason I do not use my "free" webspace.  The trade off is to
register a domain name ($40/2yr) with free(dyndns?)/paid($40pa) DNS ad
hose it online (dialup will work,but basic 256/64 adsl is fine).

Site Timeline