$1b electric car infrastructure deal

Which of course is rubbish, or they would charge for each specific service, and let those who don't need them save some money.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

What is obvious is that you have no clue about the real cost of roads and will believe piffle

I was talking about what is outside your front door.

Reply to
terryc

about how the general population contributes to the cost of roads.

Nope, motorists are very heavily subsidised by general taxation.

Reply to
terryc

When they start doing that,then you will be on a hiding to hell and an empty bank account.

Lol, I'd love to see rubbish collection charge by weight. I'd hear the chorus of screams all around as the big truck lifts the overflowing megabins every week.

Reply to
terryc

Well, back then,roads were much more basic and didn't require complex engineering to cater for 4 tonne behomeuth charging along at 120km/hr.

Plenty of people got along with out motor vehicle. My ancestors moved from Victoria to NSW by walking.

Reply to
terryc

Coming in the UK. And one guy got fined for allowing his bin's lid not to be closed due to excessive contents by about £220.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Irrelevant.

Reply to
Eeyore

Very relevant in that I and lots ofother people do not need the "road network" as you call it to get around. I do not need mega highways between capital cities, four/six lane free ways, 2 lane major motor ways, or even two way streets to get around, go shopping, buy stuff and carry out my business.

I am very happy with the many alternatives that exist.

Reply to
terryc

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

I think SCIENCE is NOT your strong suit. Did I ever say it will use no extra fuel? Do you even know anything about modern electricity network? When do you think it would be most polluting? When we have to run up older generators to meet peak demand from people charging their cars during the day or when people charge them at low demand (when the newer generators can be run). And what about the loses in the tranmission and distribution networks?

Unfortunately you are so one dimenational you don't think about these other issues. I hope our scientists and engineers are not like you. Otherwise we will just be happy to dig it out and ship it overseas, sigh.

Reply to
The Doctor

You are in a tiny minority. Modern economies require high mobility.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

And what makes you think that will be the norm ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I didn't say that I wasn't mobile,

Which is NOT synonymous with a expensive road network. Nor any measure of "good"

e.g 10 stores in our main street mainly selling cheap plastic crap and other junk from China.

Reply to
terryc

No, I already said I don't believe your piffle.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Still not holding my breathe waiting for proof on that load of "piffle". Even the pollies aren't stupid enough to claim that!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Not me, I'd save a fortune.

I get a discount for having a small rubbish bin already.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I did say in the last century! Name one person who does not have any food, goods or other services delivered by road?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Must be something to do with America I guess, the only nation I know that uses 'dimes".

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Which council?

Reply to
terryc

Correct, you need to learn Australian History a bit bettter.

Oh, they still have deliveries in your neck of the woods?

Reply to
terryc

For those in Sydney interested in this stuff, there is a seminar next Thursday. Details below.

Dave.

,
40

in