$1b electric car infrastructure deal

Irrelevant. Electricity doesn't ACTUALLY get cheaper at night by some macick.

They're just ticking over. Demand a serious load and they'll use MORE FUEL.

You have a basic problem with thermodynamics I see and conservation of energy. I guess SCIENCE wasn't your strong suit ?

Existing cars with catalysts do fine. Even in 1993 the Saab 9000 was promoted as an 'air cleaner' in congested cities. The emissions from its tail pipe were less than in the surrounding air. Guess my car.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

AFAIUI,

the

I was only joking ! Honest ! I've seen what LN2 does to rubber. ;~)

I fail to see why CNG should be treated differently from any other hydrocarbon fuel.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Not true in the UK. Our roads are falling apart whilst taxes, fines and penalties are all up.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

say

You should be. I take a lot of care over this matter.

Not amazing when you have the right geography like Norway too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"The unit is built by Toronto-based FuelMaker Corp., which says Phill is quieter than the average clothes' dryer and uses just 800 watts of electricity."

800W for 6 hours! My clothes dryer is quite load.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Fibreglass and Rockwool.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Not much of a dilemma really, since LPG attracts very little tax (people also use it for heating, hot water etc.) and yet they ENCOURAGE people to use it in cars by giving a $2000 taxpayer funded subsidy for conversion. When petrol/diesel users are in the minority, that will definitely change of course!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

LOL, you sure like to argue from a position of ignorance, and don't care who knows it.

LMAO, I sure won't hold my breathe waiting for you to prove that, since all government figures are to the contrary. Even THEY don't make such a ridiculous claim.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

So, less than a dollar atm seems OK.

Most clothes driers are noisy when loaded, loud even :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I think there has been talk about possibly linking your CTP/rego with your driving history (i.e. points).

The same can be said of medicare as well. I take care of myself long- term by eating organic food and keep in peak fitness, and have only been the doctor maybe a couple of times in my entire life. Yet I pay the same medicare levy as a chronically overweight chain smoker who visits the doctor once a week.

That makes some sense.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

You made the first claim. Back it up. Hint, the roads you are talking about are maybe 5-10% of all roads.

Reply to
terryc

I was taking the piss, it's what we do here in Oz. If you are serious, you should get out more, or at least learn how not to take everything literally without thought.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Not a very convincing excuse !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

**Here is what ONE Sydney council spent:

Here's more information:

All of these funds were sourced from ratepayers (regardless of their car ownership status).

Here is a list of local governments in NSW:

You can research how much each spent on roadworks if you like. I don't have the time.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

EXACTLY ! MORE TAXES.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

**Just to fill you in on the precise nature of the discussion, we're talking about how the general population contributes to the cost of roads.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Lol, they generall claim it is a fee for services provided, like rubbish collection, that road to your door/driveway, rain water drainage, stray dog control, etc, etc, etc

Reply to
terryc

Nope, I responded to a post which may or may not have been yours. I'm sure not expecting you to back up your claim because it's impossible, however I don't care what you choose to believe either, so I'm not wasting my time just to prove how full of shit you are. It's obvious to everyone else already.

*IF* I thought proving the facts could actually change anything, I would do it without hesitation. But unfortunately it won't.

If you're talking about toll roads, I think they are probably far less than

5% (and obviously depends on whether you are talking about kms of road, or cost of construction) but are obnoxiously unfair for those who use them while paying for other peoples freeways as well. Whether you get a freeway or tollway atm, (or ANY public transport) is just luck of the draw, or your ability to change address.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

e%20Plus%20Charts.pdf

So you DELIBERATELY ignore what I posted two or three times already : "Make sure you include all motoring related taxes, levies, duties, excises, fines, etc, federal, state and local." just to make an incorrect assumption?

You also ignore the fact that non-motorists also use the roads and footpaths for public transport, push bikes, walking, and especially for road transport of all their consumer goods and most other services as well. Why I wonder? I would love to know just who in Australia can manage without reliance on the road network one way or another, in the last century?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

talking

And how motorists contribute to general taxation.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T