Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Australians set to waste money on batteries
At $5500 (is that including GST?) for a 7kWh model, with a ten year life, and allowing for interest, that comes in at about 28 cents per kWh, and that's before the cost of the solar panels and the...
21
21

DS1054Z
My DS1054Z arrived today, nice to have an oscilloscope from this century instead of the last. (Also have a Philips PM3350 and a PM3335, real CRO's with both pure analogue and digital modes. They...

Wilreless switch with extendd range
I've done some googling on this, not come up with anything that fits well and heaps that's nothing like what I want. I'm looking for a simple wireless controlled switch (relay or something that can...
4
4

LM311 with out-of-spec input signal.
I need to detect when a signal rises above a threshold. The signal starts at ground. I want to use a LM311, with its -ve supply voltage at ground (to avoid having to generate a -ve supply) which means...
12
12

Rigol 1054Z upgrade hack
Anyone recently upgraded their 1054Z to 100MHz etc.??? Which version Rigol software works with the key generator ??? Done it yet Trevor?

Britain subject to UN probe.
Now UN sparks fury after launching human rights investigation into Britain's disability benefit reformsUN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities has opened probe Will check if there has...

Old Radio electric Books, Need good home
Is there anyone or instution that would like to provide a good home for some old radio books, maybe 1.5 metres of shelf? Admirality Handbook of Wirless Telegraphy 2 volumes 1938 Radiotron Designers...
7
7

Chinese solder on ebay
Is it any good? Also significant amounts of 63/37 Sn/Pb (the true eutectic point) are being offered whereas the locally available product has mostly always been 60/40. Why so (and/or which is...
19
19

For info: Disposal of ionisation smoke alarms
This will be useful to WA readers, for other states don't know. Replaced a faulty smoke alarm (rental property, had no option), and wondered what to do with the old one. The brochure included sternly...
1
1

Shrinking TV electronics
Our venture into flatscreen LED TVs recently turned out rather interesting when we need to invoked the three year on-site warranty following a large pop. Techo with the contract, diagnosed it as power...
29
29

Rechargeable Alkaline v NiMh
Some of my gadgets, notably a shaver and a TV remote, seem to work better with alkaline rather than NiMh batteries. I have a weather station that instructs me not to use "rechargeable" batteries. Can...
6
6

Car running current?
Google failed me on this one, all the hits seem to be about current draw with the car not running. My 2006 Honda Jazz has the ignition light on, and I'm trying to determine what sort of trips I can...
7
7

LED light bulb
** Hi, my local Aldi store now has a range of LED bulbs in stock at low prices - so I lashed out on one. I bought the most powerful one, rated at 15W, 2700K, 1300 lumens, dimmable and in B22 fitting -...
2
2

eBay mini remote control has wrong info
I bought a couple of these from eBay: UNIVERSAL MINI MICRO SPY REMOTE TV CONTROL There are many suppliers to choose from, cost is only a buck or two. It is a 7 button remote control, uses a...

So long, transistor: How the 'memristor' could revolutionize electronics
So long, transistor: How the 'memristor' could revolutionize electronics Memristor - Wikipedia A new type of electrical component called "memristor" could mean the end of electronics as we know it and...