15 day heat wave and air conditioning - Page 3

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning
@none.com.au> wrote in

Well an average temp in the house in the low twenties on any given day
is acceptable to me.

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning

Well Geoff, why not use an electric fan. Even cheaper to run and:....

Works fine in Melbourne eastern states in my experience. Great cooling for
 94.80% summer.

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning

Dickhead, I told you I would correct you . They are jeffies words not mine.
Obviously the irony has gone over your head.

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning

mine.

No correction or irony, you simply deleted the relevant information and
headers I included, so you are not only stupid, but a liar as well.

MrT.

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning

choice!

You're the one ignoring the fact that Adelaide was specifically mentioned,
just to make an argument.

MrT.

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning

poster

So you should reply specifically to his posts and include HIS comments. But
in fact some people would pay $300 per week to run their whole house ducted
RAC during a 15 heat wave. If that was the only time it was needed though,
I'd be more worried about the installation cost of either, than the running
cost.

Pot, kettle, black mean anything to you?

That was his point as I read it.

Which usually brings cool relief from the hot North winds.

No, but air south of Adelalaide comes from cooler regions until global
warming really destroys the Antarctic!
Maybe you need to consult a map to get some idea?

for

Of course. So did you actually read the main argument that Evap was cheaper
to run or not?

Please quote where I said that?
The questin is how often does it happen and can everyone afford to worry
about it.

choose

Please quote where I said air con was not superior for those who can afford
to run it?

wether

So don't pretend you are refuting what was ACTUALLY said (rather than some
specious claims)

are
in

Lucky you, mine just went up 20%. And I expect far greater rises in the
years ahead.
I guess it doesn't necessarily worry those with big incomes.
It seems your whole point is YOU can afford it, so why should anyone else
consider the cost?

Lucky you if you can afford not to care, your children will probably not be
so lucky.

the

Many can't afford OS trips. Maybe Al Gore can, but they are not all like him
you know!

Proof for this ridiculous assertion is where exactly?

MrT.

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning

Incidentally, when a cool change hits a location and it rains, the moisture
comes from the warm air at the location and not the cool air arriving. The
warm moist air is forced to rise quickly where it condenses and rain is
formed. If the warm air is too dry then it won't rain. Sort of shot yourself
in the foot over that one. By definition, if it rains then it must have been
humid.

Now tell me that is wrong, no doubt you will.

Yours and othe greenie comments confirm my suspicions that this thread is
based on pro green propaganda more than common sense as I said before.

On another note....Refrigerated air works %100 of the time. Not just when
the weather is right.
It also works well in any location not just hot dry places
It especially works well on humid days and that is when aircon is most
desireable
It takes moisture out of the air and not put it back in. It can also be an
efficient heater outputting around double the heat energy in Joules that it
uses in electrical energy input joules
It has never been more affordable and is quite reasonable to install with
flexible ducts etc. Split systems are very cheap.

Oh, BTW  I take it as read that you will disagree with everthing I have said
above so there is no need to reply, tho no doubt you will.
I have no interest in continuing corresponding with internet lowlifes who
never contribute anything positive, have limited knowledge on the subject
and just vent their aggression in the manner that you do.
 I will however be glad to correct your lack of knowledge when it is
displayed in future here or anywhere else.
Maybe you can stir up that frequent poster who you enjoy fighting with to
help you with the chip on your shoulder

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning

moisture
yourself
been

Couldn't be bothered, the concept of warm moist air Vs HOT dry air seems to
escape you for a start. And the concept of rapid air changes caused by
strong wind also seems to be lost on you. We DO have long periods of hot dry
air followed by rain in the southern states. But feel free to believe
whatever you like, as long as you don't have to prove it. I sure don't give
a rats how ignorant you choose to be.

You have proven you have none at least. Nor any consideration of anyone
besides yourself.

To buy, yes compared to only a few years ago. And some people can even
afford to run them at the moment.

said

Of course you agree with everything I have said then?

Are you looking in the mirror? I couldn't have put YOUR "contribution"
better myself.

But you still haven't proven ANYTHING I have said that is actually wrong.
Better luck with your next tilt at windmills.

MrT.

Re: 15 day heat wave and air conditioning

You should also examine the design and construction of the house itself in
relation to your climate conditions, rather than just plonk down an 'attic'
style house where it might not be appropriate for your location. Selection of
materials and construction methods also have a huge impact on thermal efficiency.

If you take the time to design it correctly to start with, you will need far
less heating/cooling system requirements. However the house is likely to cost
more to design and build.

Site Timeline