12V Compat Fluro driver

I've seen these camp lights that run off 12V and contain a compact fluro
light bulb. The bulb itself is replaceble and the driver appears to be part
of the lamp. I'm interested in buying the bulb and the driver cicuit, does
anyone know where I can get such a beast? (Assuming it's not a custom
Coleman thing).

Thanks plenty in advance,
Michael

Re: 12V Compat Fluro driver

Silicon chip mag has done a few variations on that theme

Jaycar has 12v CFLs but not cheap.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: 12V Compat Fluro driver
You might try this liink...
http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?cPath58%&products_id22%9&osCsid=3e932ff9733f62af4f6724abe1a2957f

Re: 12V Compat Fluro driver

Why replaceable ? That just makes it more expensive.

Just get a 12V CFL. Plenty on ebay I'm sure.

Graham

Re: 12V Compat Fluro driver

Thanks everyone for all the tips, I might just get the 12V CFL off ebay,
they're only $10 but the postage is over $30 so it's a little expensive for
1 or 2 bulbs. The only downside I can see is someone might accidentally plug
it into a 240v socket. It's quite suprising it uses the same plug, if a 12V
device used a standard 2 or 3 pin powerpoint plug then I'm sure there'd be
outrage.

I had a look at the coleman lamp and it looks like it's a custom circuit of
their own design, something which I'm not likely to bother with for a 1 off.
:-)

Thanks,
Michael

Site Timeline