120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

The latest GetUp campaign is claiming there are 120,000 homes and
businesses in NSW now with solar power systems installed (or
presumably in the process of being installed).
I knew the numbers sky rocketed with huge feed-in tariff, but wow,
120K!
Can anyone point to any official stats that show this number?
Seems like just last year it was only a few thousand.
Not that I'm really surprised I guess, and I don't doubt the number,
when I look down onto the Hills suburbia from up high it seems like
every man and his dog has solar panels now.
IIRC there are about 1.6M homes in NSW, so 120K is around 7.5%

Dave.

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

"David L. Jones"

**  Bet it is a wild guess and includes solar water heaters.

   "  There are LIES, damn LIES and STATISTICS  "

    Then there is the total fiction published by Greenies.

....  Phil

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

I have just returned from a train trip from Darwin to Sydney plus side
trips. Did alot of gazing at the towns villages and cities, as you do.The
site of solar panels or heating was a rarity until we got back to Sydney.
They stand out here much more than other places we passed through or
visited.

Metro....

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

:
:"David L. Jones"
:>
[...]

I leave it to you to find the figures here
http://www.climatechange.gov.au/en/what-you-need-to-know/renewable-energy/solar-homes/history.aspx

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

Thanks.
From this document I get just over 25,000 systems installed in NSW by
March 2011
Around 130K total Australia wide.
So it looks like they have goofed and taken the Australia wide number
and made it out to be for NSW in this full page ad in the SMH:
http://getup.org.au/campaigns/climate-action-now/nsw-solar-ad/nsw-solar-ad ?=
t3D%dXNlcmlkPTQ4NTM4MyxlbWFpbGlkPTM1

The Australian Solar Energy Society is the one who made the claim.

Dave.

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

I forgot the speadsheet with the figures:
http://www.climatechange.gov.au/en/what-you-need-to-know/renewable-energy/s =
olar-homes/~/media/publications/renewable-energy/installedbystate-March%201=
1.xls

Dave.

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?
On Fri, 20 May 2011 05:27:37 -0700 (PDT), "David L. Jones"

Immedialtely after the NSW Govt announced the 60C feed in tariff,
there were Solar Companies offering 1.5 KW systems in NSW at no cost
to the home owner.
The 5 X RECS offered by the Feds was enough to foot the entire bill.
The blowout in the NSW installs happened in the last part of last year
and up till now , so its quite possible that the installs have
rocketed in the last 8 months.

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

I wouldnt trust anything GetUp says, I signed up to their campaign
against internet censorship a while back and have been receiving
emails wanting support for some of the most fruit-cake subjects,
including support for the carbon tax recently, if you can believe that
anyone takes that seriously anymore.   They would appear to be some
sort of Green / trade union shill group and that says it all.

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

A friend of mine worked for a company that sold solar installations.
Just before the rebate was pulled they were giving installs away for
free, I got a system myself totally free except for a $200 meter. The
night that the govt pulled the rebate 2 weeks early, they sent a pallet
load of applications up to Canberra. This was just for one state. He
said there were pallets and pallets of applications there and they had
so many applications they weren't doing the income checks.

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

Which rebate?
The Federal one is still there (5xRecs soon to be 4XRecs)
NSW still $20 FIT.

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

If you are going to get one, get in soon before this entire carbon
pollution scam
collapses.  Looks like the carbon tax alone is killing Gillard

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

Maybe. At least under Gillard, breeding units are going to be give a bit
of money, whereas under the mad monk, we all pay anyway and the emitters
get rewarded. Hell in a hand basket either way.

Re: 120,000 Homes and businesses with Solar Panels in NSW?

yes but it is being reduced.   from 5 to 4

Site Timeline