Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Desoldering pump to avoid
OK, I'll keep that in mind. Given the sort of nonsense I often get up to with scalpels, blunt blades are quite a possibility.
5
5

Dang - missed Earth Hour again
I wish they'd advertise it better, so that I can ignore it deliberately. Sylvia.
9
9

Deliveries from RS Components, Courier's Please
Usually these things either get stuffed into my letter box, or left on my doorstep, but twice recently, the tracking status says that a delivery was attempted, but that I was closed ("closed"? It's a...
3
3

Multimeter recommendation
The last multimeter I bought, a Digitech, claimed to have auto-power off, but actually just turned off the LCD, which did little to reduce its power consumption. I removed a wasteful diode that showed...
7
7

NEW Australian Electronics Magazine! DIYODE
In an ironic twist, I thought I'd briefly come back to an almost extinct platform (usenet) to mention the release of an almost extinct thing - A NEW Australian Electronics Magazine! Albeit in digital...
3
3

OT: Snowy Hydro
"In one hour it could produce 20 times the 100 megawatts an hour expected from the battery proposed by the South Australian Government, but would deliver it constantly for almost a week," [Mr...
18
18

When chosing your next bug zapper.
8
8

I give in
It was not the greens that sold the power off but it is the green inclined existing government that is running the existing renewable dependent power grid now.
6
6

SA Greenies
This SA green power supply works well does not it?
65
65

Tv reception
For months I have been having problems with tv reception TV not working on most channels for hours, I have been blaming 4g towers, fixed wireless towers etc that have just been put up etc. I have just...
100
100

Old DSE shopping bags
It's funny what you find when you're moving houses (again). I discovered a couple of the old Dick Smith Electronics plastic shopping bags which I've scanned and uploaded the pictures to: They bring...
3
3

OT just thought it funny
10
10

Remember me rabbiting about non acceptance of hotmail address?
Just tried to register interest in my republic and I put a hotmail address that I have had for yonks and it wont accept it, it keeps saying to enter a valid email address, see I told you so, I was not...
6
6

My history
I have been designing and building various devices from a multi channel mix er with all the hardware to hold an outdoor concert. I also have origional laser lights etc. My last project was a 1000 watt...
12
12

Australian electronics
If this is who you represent. No wonder you don't know what you are talking about ae was a poor second rated publication at the time i never wasted my time reading a second book. You just copy other...
4
4