Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless router antenna
Some time ago I added a high gain antenna to my wireless router and it made a noticeable improvement to the performance. I have just upgraded the router and it has three antennae instead of one . If I...
1
1

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.
Another here who set the alarm to wake up at a ridiculous hour of the morning to be repeatedly met with a message indicating the website could not be contacted. I expected as much though, and to be...
4
4

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.
I tried to get in on the giveaway with poor results. Two days earlier had registered and even had my cart full and just needed checkout. Even had link to checkout. Then tried to checkout ... clicking...
4
4

Re: Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.
Good for Sparkfun. They've become my equivalent to Digi-Key when I want modules, dev kits, and development hardware. If they can afford a $100K online giveaway, I guess they're doing well enough that...
1
1

Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.
Free Day recap of what it was like behind the scenes in the SparkFun offices on January 7th. Cheers Don...

Luxeon, Cree, et al - LED questions
I need to supply a couple of high power LEDs for an application next Saturday. Time is short and I will need a local supplier. I've looked at the usual suspects (Jaycar, Farnell and RS). RS seems to...
2
2

DAB sound quality
Hi, I ran the phone jack of my digital radio through to a reasonable amp & speaker set. The sound is clean, but the dynamic range doesn't appear to be very high, and the tone controls need to be...
2
2

Free SCSI Drives, etc
Hi Folks, Free: a bunch of old SCSI HDD Drives, Interface Cards, Tape Drives, CD players and a CD recorder. See Not shown are about 5 other HDD Drives (they are all 100 Mb). If you can use them, write...
19
19

Free to a good home: armature tester &/or tranny
A Martindale (UK) armature/stator tester has come my way. Mint condition, in original box with instruction manual. It's a metal rod about 250mm long, with a 250v cable at one end and an assemblage of...

Mast head amp interferes with Austar reception.
Neighbour has Austar from a dish and free-to-air digital from a fairly new antenna, via a mast-head amp. Both signals go to the VCR and thence to the digital T.V. The free-to-air picture is excellent...
3
3

continuity tester ?
hi, any body got links or schematics for a continuity tester for automotive use ? preferably simple design with audio and visual indication , voltage detection would be a bonus !! mark k
12
12

Re: Service?
the thing about "ZK8824" is that it's different to "ZK8822" and both parts are MAX232 chips. AFAICT Everywhere uses in-house numbers to identify parts. --- news:// - complaints: ---
1
1

Re: Service?
I've found that rather unusual for all the Jaycars I have visted. They usually at least know what the basic components are and where to find them in the catalog instantly. People like to talk about...
1
1

Service?
I had occasion to visit the new Coffs Harbour Jaycar store, it is a nice shop well stocked and laid out probably comparable to the Gore Hill store. All I wanted was a 9 pin "D" connector and a MAX232....
2
2

Rigol DSO useful bandwidth ?
** Hi to all, that "dumped" Rigol DSO continues to exceed my expectations. The latest surprise came about when I investigated a high level of noise in the trace at high gain settings - not inherent in...
5
5