Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

interesting
1
1

for retro freaks

Diyode
Saw the first issue today and bought it to see what it is like. At first glance anyway it is pretty basic, it actually makes Silicon chip look like a technical magazine.
5
5

how much co2 creating making Elon Musk's SA battery
What, you can build coal power plants without expending co2? The co2 expended shipping materials around to build either a coal plant or lithium battery would be on par for either. Pumped hydro creates...
1
1

Does anyone have EA magazines from Early-mid 1994?
I realise the odds aren't great but worth a try. As I've mentioned in other threads I've been 'refurbishing' a 'Playmaster Pro Series Three' kitset power amplifier. I have a photocpy of the...
8
8

Speaker Protection Question.
Hi. I've recently bought some second-hand speakers that are a lot more power-hungry than my previous speakers so am in the process of refurbishing and tuning a 'Playmster Pro Series Three Power...
30
30

I'm re-using transformers...
... from old audio gear. I just want to check something as I'm not planning on dying this week. If the voltages I'm getting from the secondaries aren't what I want is it ok to use the '120v' primary...
29
29

Mobile repeaters and modems
It's just possible that with a 4G mobile repeater, I may get a signal at home... I'd be interested to hear from anyone experienced with these in terms of what to look for and what to look out for....
2
2

No phones during blackout ?
** Hi, last Friday at about 4pm there was a major power outage in the inner west o f Sydney. It lasted for 2.5 hours. There was traffic chaos as all traffic l ights stopped and then it soon got dark...

Circular Saw failure
I pulled my failed circular saw apart to see whether it was repairable. Seems a rather dramatic failure of the commutator. So, no :( Sylvia.
15
15

Any ideas
I keep getting cheap stuff from aliexpress because I think I might want it then lose alL or any paperwork (probably in chinese anyway)This thing has no markings anywhere even on PCB (as well the...
4
4

12V UV Germicidal Light Bulb
A while ago I bought a pair of these 12V 3W UV-C light bulbs to use to build an EPROM eraser: - There are more details in this listing: - SHORT STORY: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ One blew on 15VDC (did nothing on a...
8
8

Lead vs Lithium batteries - Large scale energy storage
In recent times, lithium based grid scale batteries have been getting a lot of attention. It seems like lead battery technology doesn?t get its fair share of attention. Especially in Australia where...
13
13

RS downgraded web site
I've had several examples of this site adding the wrong item to the basket. Don't assume you're ordering what you think you are. Sylvia.
1
1

Re: Obituary - ----- Rod Speed
He already have. Ned Kelly's been dead 150 years. :) Rodless Rod is still alive. :))
2
2