1 volt reference source needed

hi,  any body  got a schematic/link to build a  1 volt dc   reference source
?

thanks.
mark k

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

"mark krawczuk"

**  How accurate do you need ?

What  temp drift ?

Is a precision reference IC  with say 2.5 or 5 volts out followed by voltage
divider  OK?

What output resistance is needed ??

Or haven't you got a damn clue as usual  ?

...........  Phil

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

hi, its gotta be pretty well smack bang on 1 volt .
i just need it to  calibrate  the basic setting for a  O2  sensor meter.
mark k

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

"mark krawczuk"

 DO  NOT  TOP  POST  !!!!!!!!!

**  So you have not got a damn clue   - as usual.

**  Why not calibrate your DMM and use that ?

........  Phil

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

"Phil Allison" wrote

You just did you hypocrite.  You could also learn a thing or two about
trimming posts properly when attempting to make a response.

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

I doubt that a specific voltage of 1 volt exists in a monolithic design.
Since you did not mention accuracy, precision, tempco etc. I assume this is
not important in which case you could just voltage divide a good general
purpose reference such as an LM329 and buffer with a good DC spec opamp.
See the LM329 data on Nationals site.

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

whats top posting,  please dont shout at me when i dont know what top
posting is.
how would u like it if i shouted at u for no reason.,.?
mark k

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

whats top posting,  please dont shout at me when i dont know what top
posting is.
how would u like it if i shouted at u for no reason.,.?
mark k

***The above illustration shows you what top posting is,ie.,you posted at
the top of the original message or the reply to it.

Don't top post,you will infuriate many many readers.

Brian Goldsmith.

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

As the world moves on and email is becoming the major communication method
within business then email etiquette will take over the Usenet practices. I
appreciate that top posting in Usenet is frowned upon but sometimes when
people follow a thread they just wish to read the response without scrolling
to the bottom. If someone snips a thread then the whole point of bottom
posting is lost.
Change is always difficult but it does happen.
Just my two bobs worth
Mike

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

"Mike"

**  Piss off   -  you pompous fool

.........  Phil

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

Thank you
I'll bear this in mind before I reply again.

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

"Scrolling to the bottom" isn't a problem when the person doing the
bottom posting trims their quotes sensibly. Like I've done here, notice
that you didn't have to scroll and yet the flow of conversation is
preserved?

As for top posting...

A: Top-posters
Q: What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

use a 100ohm pot with use a multimeter to keep an eye on the volts with
the wiper tied to a fat cap

:
: "Scrolling to the bottom" isn't a problem when the person doing the
: bottom posting trims their quotes sensibly. Like I've done here,
notice
: that you didn't have to scroll and yet the flow of conversation is
: preserved?
:
: As for top posting...
:
:
: A: Top-posters
: Q: What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?
:
: Cheers,
: Nicholas Sherlock

Re: bottom preferences

I agree Mike. There might be logic to bottom posting (no gay slur intended),
however I seem to spend half my time spinning the scroll button through all
the text I've read multiple times to get to a couple of lines of text. It is
quite entertaining seeing how wound up some people get over such a trivial
thing - I thought the whole point of NGs / forums etc was to share knowledge
etc.

Maybe future news readers could be enhanced to seqence replies to suit the
users preference.....  :)

<snip...snip>

scrolling

See top post for reply.

Re: bottom preferences

until then please reply in context.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: bottom preferences

use the keyboard then....

If it's not working you're probably trying to do it the wrong way.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

Done correctly there is no need to scroll.

What do you mean? "snip"

usenet differs from email in a number of ways. one is that the one message
is read by more people than a typical email so more emphasis is put on the
convenience of the reader.

another thing is that replying in context saves both the reader and the
writer time because the writer can weite less and the reade can read less
or should the need arise find the context nearby without scrolling the
message.

A good news client will highlight the non-quoted parts of a post saving the
reader from having to examine the start of each line.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

And using some wierd mailer that can not quote like most normal people
is as bad as top posting.

using *** puts you in the same class as only one other that I often see.
And I know you are bosom buddies!!!

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

Just ignore him Mark - he is a fuckwit trying hard to be a Rod Speed - he
knows a bit about electronics, but nothing about good manners

David

Re: 1 volt reference source needed

"quietguy"

**  The fuckwit slumlord from Kalgoorlie is back.

      Booted any boongs out of their homes lately?

Site Timeline