1 volt reference source needed

hi, any body got a schematic/link to build a 1 volt dc reference source ?

thanks. mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

"mark krawczuk"

** How accurate do you need ?

What temp drift ?

Is a precision reference IC with say 2.5 or 5 volts out followed by voltage divider OK?

What output resistance is needed ??

Or haven't you got a damn clue as usual ?

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

hi, its gotta be pretty well smack bang on 1 volt . i just need it to calibrate the basic setting for a O2 sensor meter. mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

"mark krawczuk" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.comindico.com.au:

I doubt that a specific voltage of 1 volt exists in a monolithic design. Since you did not mention accuracy, precision, tempco etc. I assume this is not important in which case you could just voltage divide a good general purpose reference such as an LM329 and buffer with a good DC spec opamp. See the LM329 data on Nationals site.

Reply to
Geoff C

"mark krawczuk"

DO NOT TOP POST !!!!!!!!!

** So you have not got a damn clue - as usual.
** Why not calibrate your DMM and use that ?

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Reply to
mark krawczuk

"mark krawczuk" wrote

***The above illustration shows you what top posting is,ie.,you posted at the top of the original message or the reply to it.

Don't top post,you will infuriate many many readers.

Brian Goldsmith.

Reply to
Brian Goldsmith

As the world moves on and email is becoming the major communication method within business then email etiquette will take over the Usenet practices. I appreciate that top posting in Usenet is frowned upon but sometimes when people follow a thread they just wish to read the response without scrolling to the bottom. If someone snips a thread then the whole point of bottom posting is lost. Change is always difficult but it does happen. Just my two bobs worth Mike

Reply to
Mike

"Mike"

** Piss off - you pompous fool

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Scrolling to the bottom" isn't a problem when the person doing the bottom posting trims their quotes sensibly. Like I've done here, notice that you didn't have to scroll and yet the flow of conversation is preserved?

As for top posting...

A: Top-posters Q: What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock

Reply to
Nicholas Sherlock

use a 100ohm pot with use a multimeter to keep an eye on the volts with the wiper tied to a fat cap

Reply to
Ed-

Analog Devices ADR510 is a 1.0 volt precision low noise shunt voltage reference in a sot-23 package. Digikey have them. US$2.81 each.

Reply to
dmm

I agree Mike. There might be logic to bottom posting (no gay slur intended), however I seem to spend half my time spinning the scroll button through all the text I've read multiple times to get to a couple of lines of text. It is quite entertaining seeing how wound up some people get over such a trivial thing - I thought the whole point of NGs / forums etc was to share knowledge etc.

Maybe future news readers could be enhanced to seqence replies to suit the users preference..... :)

scrolling

See top post for reply.

Reply to
Rob

Just ignore him Mark - he is a f****it trying hard to be a Rod Speed - he knows a bit about electronics, but nothing about good manners

David

mark krawczuk wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

"quietguy"

** The f****it slumlord from Kalgoorlie is back.

Booted any boongs out of their homes lately?

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

And using some wierd mailer that can not quote like most normal people is as bad as top posting.

using *** puts you in the same class as only one other that I often see. And I know you are bosom buddies!!!

Reply to
John G

Done correctly there is no need to scroll.

What do you mean? "snip"

usenet differs from email in a number of ways. one is that the one message is read by more people than a typical email so more emphasis is put on the convenience of the reader.

another thing is that replying in context saves both the reader and the writer time because the writer can weite less and the reade can read less or should the need arise find the context nearby without scrolling the message.

A good news client will highlight the non-quoted parts of a post saving the reader from having to examine the start of each line.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

until then please reply in context.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

use the keyboard then....

If it's not working you're probably trying to do it the wrong way.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Thank you I'll bear this in mind before I reply again.

Reply to
Mike